2020 is here! I’m really excited for this year, I’m turning 30, Chris & I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary, we’ll add a new baby to our family, just so many good things! Last year I was inspired by the Happiness Podcast by Gretchen Rubin & made a list of 19 things in 2019. It seemed a lot more feasible than making vague resolutions & I made my list with both small one time tasks or events, as well as some bigger longer term items. I didn’t cross everything off, but I did quite a bit & it was fun to keep looking at it throughout the year. This year I did the same thing for 2020. So today I’m sharing my list.
Go to the dentist!proud to say this got done Jan 2nd! I’m terrible at going to the dentist & it was embarrassingly overdue….
- Try to eliminate single use plastics
- Celebrate Juno’s 1/2 birthday – dogs aren’t around long enough to only celebrate once a year.
- Fix my headlight – another embarrassingly overdue issue.
- Complete Barre Blend – the 6 week program I currently started
- Eat less meat – I’m trying to eat at least one vegetarian dinner a week & go veggie for lunch!
- Daily gratitude
- Go away just Chris & I – our only nights away since Will was born was when Chris was in the ICU, not ideal.
- Stop buying paper towels
- Do seasonal crafts with William
- Get our cars detailed
- Charge phone not next to bed
- Read 6 books – I read a book in 3 days over Christmas & it totally inspired me!
- Declutter kitchen
- See Marin light house
- Have a year round garden / compost
- Limit phone use to less than 2 hours / day
- Celebrate my 30th birthday
- Complete our 2019 photobook
- Have this baby!!
I feel pretty good about this list & that I’ll be able to tackle most of the things on here or at least try! This year I’m really trying to focus on sustainability & decreasing waste so you might notice a handful of my things on the list revolve around that. There’s also lots of fun stuff including a new family member, which is just still WILD to think about.